Sunday, March 8, 2009

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner...

Time for Scumliner to get a little more involved in the Blog now that Squeeky is on the road and away from his computer. It's a long trip back to Montana from the Keys, but Squeeky has Capt Carp with him to help navigate and keep him awake. I know the Stock Market is struggling right now, but with these two on a 3000 mile road trip, it might be a good week to buy shares of RJ Reynolds Tobacco...

Speaking of the Market, I heard on the news the other day that shares of GM cost less than a gallon of gas! What does the cost of GM shares have to do with this rant you ask? If you know the true identity of Squeeky, you know that he is the (very) proud owner of a Maroon GM built Suburban. These infamous vehicles are the most popular guide rigs in the west, as well as being the most unreliable.

Squeeky loves his Suburban, and is constantly bragging about the quality and comfort of this fine piece of American craftsmanship. As a Toyota Sequoia owner, I (of course) have another view of all this, but Squeeky continues to shove the virtues of the Suburban down my throat. I will admit, he knows his vehicle much better than I. He can tell you the price and labor cost for nearly every part of his vehicle, as well as how often you should expect each part to fail. Squeeky does have an excellent memory, you know.

I suppose I should be a little more receptive to Squeeky's arguments. Lots of our buddies drive them when they're functioning. I guess it's just hard to buy into his arguments while he's writing another 4 digit check to Rod's Automotive. I know Rod loves 'em, but I'm not sure it's for the same reason as Squeeky.

So how does the chicken fit in to all this? Many things can go wrong when two fishing guides are on a 3000 mile road trip in a Suburban. Guides aren't much more reliable than Suburbans, and these two are definitely suspect. They are supposed to arrive in Craig on the 12th. I'm just not sure if it will be the 12th of March or April. I hope it's soon, though. The Blog fans miss you Squeeky, so get home safe and soon. They all want to know what's up with the Chicken tease? (I know, but ain't saying).

Tell you what, if you get the Suburban back to Craig before GM files for bankruptcy, I'll FedEx your next batch of "Dion's Quick Chick Chicken" up from the Keys. Better hurry...

No comments: