Friday, November 6, 2009

I Love Mtn. Palace...

Mountain Palace looking North | Nov. 6 2009
mark raisler | photo

This must be one of my favorite scenes. I shoot it all the time. It is the first place that I camped on the Missouri River. Big Sky Country still grabs at my soul everyday. Some, more than others...today again, Mtn. P. This is a different spot for the photo today. Required a little climbing...nearly got me ass blown off the top with the nuclear wind today. Thanks for the VR capabilities of this Nikon lens.

Headhunters open this weekend for all your river needs. Stop in for a long, out of the wind, chat. Still a few items on sale. Pretty thin though. Still have the best Missouri River Fly selection on the planet...also real good advice my friend.


"However bad the sport, it keeps you
young, or makes you young again, and
you need not follow Ponce de Leon to the
Western wilderness, when, in any river you,
knew of yore, you can find the fountain
of youth."


Andrew Lang


The staff are still catching a few Steelhead, it has been getting tough according B & E Ben with last night's report. Those who get after it usually catch the fish...as in any fish pursuant. It is fishing though...and we all know luck does have something to do with it...on any given day.


No comments: