Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Doing the right thing?

Bludgeoned the shit out of my finger last Saturday. Fixing my Ckackacraft boat trailer. Thought that I was doing the right thing. Got off the water, came to the shop, found the tools that I'm not allowed to use, Scumliner's new ratchet kit...of course I am not allowed to use it, I lose shit...I'm a guide.

Dropped a 30#-40# roller on my left ring finger. Broke it. Smashed the living shit out of it. Can I still row? Yes. Will I use my handi-cap as an excuse for not catching fish...yes. I warned my clients that I have tomorrow that I may suck. They said, "We know, you suck when you are healthy!!

Had to give the trip to B & E Ben..he rocked 'em...standard. They don't want me next year...another guest lost to Ben. Getting used to it.

Scumliner suggested I go to the doctor. I declined his adamant nudges. Then he mentioned I was not 22 anymore. So, I went.

Tuft fracture of the finger. No worries. I'm back.

Book early for the good guides. Book late for fella's like me...not getting any smarter. Just ask my folks.

No comments: